Coronavirus News Update: What We Know Now!
According to the news around the world the Coronavirus continues to spread and more cases have been discovered in the past 48 hours. Read on for more details via our Coronavirus News Update…
CelebNHealth247.com has the latest Coronavirus news update from around the world so here is what we know that has happened over the past 48 hours.
Coronavirus News Update:
- Italy saw a dramatic increase in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases today with a rise of 1,247 in a single day, the Civil Protection Department said in a statement. The country reported that country’s biggest daily increase in infections since the outbreak there began. Italy now has a total of 5,883 cases.
- On Saturday, five new infections of the novel coronavirus were identified in Iceland. This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 50, the Department of Civil Protection and Emergency said in statement. Two of the newly infected are in their 30s, one in his 40s, one in his 50s and one in his 80s. All the infected patients live in the capital, Reykjavik.
- New York confirmed 21 new coronavirus cases Saturday. There are 377 cases of the novel coronavirus in the United States, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as state and local governments.
- According to the CDC, there are 49 cases from repatriated citizens from Wuhan (3) and the Diamond Princess (46). Twenty-one are from the Grand Princess.
- The death toll in the United States reached 17. Florida health officials reported two fatalities, the first in that state. Late Friday the deaths were announced as the first recorded outside the West Coast since the outbreak reached U.S. soil.
- In addition, The Seattle-area hospital caring for most of the coronavirus patients who have died in the United States reported three more deaths.
- Worldwide, the number of cases has surpassed 100,000. In the United States, currently there are 377 cases in the USA, and at least half of all states have confirmed cases.
- Hawaii, Minnesota, South Carolina and Kentucky were among those reporting their first cases Friday.
- On Friday, 21 people on a cruise ship off the coast of California have tested positive for the virus.
Here is the latest Coronavirus Live Update:
- New York announced 21 new coronavirus infections on Saturday, bringing the state’s told to 76 cases. Seven of the new cases are in New York City.
- Italy reported 1,247 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours. This is the country’s biggest daily increase since the outbreak began there in late February.
- Some American tourists are now quarantined in Egypt and in Bethlehem, in the Palestinian territories. The virus continues to spread. The first U.S. service member in Europe, a sailor in Italy, has tested positive for the virus.
- The head of Italy’s left-center party, Nicola Zingaretti, announced Saturday that he has coronavirus. He is the country’s first high-level political figure that has contracted the disease.
- On Saturday the Vatican said it was suspending several of Pope Francis’s signature public events.